By the beginning of the XIX century, the church of the former convent was dilapidated and was supposed to be abolished and dismantled. The landowner, Colonel Anna Lukinichna Shishkova (maternal grandmother of Decembrist Mikhail Alexandrovich Nazimov) appealed to the Synod with a request to allow her to restore the stone church in the name of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary at her own expense. By 1809, construction began, and the church was not rebuilt, but rebuilt.
In 1810, the Church of the Assumption was built, and in 1811 it was consecrated. The temple was built of stone with two chapels: the south - in the name of the Sign of the Most Holy Mother of God, the north - in the name of the Holy Face. The church itself was cold, the chapels were heated, the walls were plastered inside and outside, the roof was iron. To the south of the church built a stone bell tower.
The Church of the Assumption of Polonischa is located within the walls of the Roundabout City. Built on a dais.
In 1862, a wooden plank-covered hut was built to the southeast of the church. In 1864, with the efforts of church elder merchant Pavel Leonov, the facades of the church were painted with light blue glue paint. A new transparent wooden fence was made around the church and the bell tower. The angular position is occupied by the temple in the name of the Assumption of the Virgin, the bell tower is located to the south. The temple in terms of rectangular with rounded corners.
In 1867 the iconostasis of the quadrangle was cleaned, and the iconostasis of the southern aisle was gilded with "red gold". In the 70s of the XIX century. church ownership expanded, which gave opportunities for construction activities.
The iconostasis of the main church had a length of 8.5 meters, a height of 4 meters, an iconostasis of the southern and northern aisles - a length of 4 meters, a height of 3.5 meters.
After the revolution of 1917, the Church of the Assumption from Polonischa was closed. During the years of Soviet power in the temple was located archive. During the period of perestroika (1985-1991), the youth theater and the church of prayer, Emmanuel, was located in the church. Since 1991, the temple was transferred to the Pskov diocese, and now it is a functioning church.
The church is of great importance for the history of the architecture of Pskov, as it is the only monument in the city of the beginning of the 19th century in the style of mature classicism with certain features of early classicism. Square, with one head surrounded by four porticoes, it is topped with a large dome with a wide drum, over which stands a cross with a decorative lantern. Represents the historical value of being built at the expense of relatives of the Decembrist M.A. Nazimova.